Sunday, July 8, 2012

Phoenix Quilts (aka Operation Wood Hollow)

Dear Fellow Quilter,

First of all, THANK YOU for the quilts that you have sent to Phoenix Quilts (aka Operation Wood Hollow)!!!  Your generosity is so AMAZING!!!  :o)  I've been watching this blog since Sarah told me about it and have gotten teary-eyed as I've seen people write about the quilts they are sending to Phoenix Quilts.  So AWESOME!!!  :o)
I really appreciate you taking the time to read this message.  I know you are very busy, but I feel what I have to tell you is so important! 
As you know, there are several wildfires raging across the Western United States.  At this time there are approximately 750 homes that have been completely destroyed by these wildfires, and I’m afraid that number will only increase as we get further into the fire season.
I am creating a non-profit organization named Phoenix Quilts, and we would like to place a quilt in the arms of each family that has lost their home to these terrible fires.  That means 750 quilts need to be made and distributed to these people.  

On June 25, 2012, I put out a call for help to the followers on my quilt blog Having Fun Quilting! and have received commitments for HUNDREDS of quilts to be sent to Phoenix Quilts.  In just four days since we began receiving quilts, we have already received 143 quilts! 
Obviously, there is no way I could make enough quilts – not even with the hundreds that are being sent to me by my followers – to give a quilt to each of these families who have lost everything.  That’s why I’m coming to you.  Would you be willing to help us spread the word about Phoenix Quilts by writing a post about this on your blog or website?  Would you be willing to donate fabric, batting, quilt blocks, a quilt top, a completed quilt, or make a monetary donation for quilting supplies?  We would like to spread this information all across blogland to our big quilting “family” to give some comfort to those who are beginning to rebuild their lives from the ashes that was once their home!  We think a quilt would be an appropriate way to do that!

Please go to Phoenix Quilts for more information or e-mail me at julie@cut.net.

Thank you so much!!!
Hugs!!!


FYI - you can now put the Phoenix Quilts button on your blog - just grab the code from the right sidebar!

3 comments:

  1. Great post, Julie! Glad you've got the new site up and running...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your help, Sarah! You're AWESOME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both fantastic ladies who do fabulous heart warming work each and everyday!

    ReplyDelete