Saturday, January 26, 2013

Blue Skies - QOV

This quilt is going to Alycia. I used the pattern "blue skies" by Carrie Nelson

I enjoyed making this quilt, it went together easily. I used a bunch of scraps to make this quilt - I love it when that happens.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fine Print I Spy

This quilt is made from the pattern - "Fine Print" - by Crazy Old Ladies.

There are 15 rows of various sizes of I Spy fabrics. The pattern calls for 16 rows but I ran out of prints so I stopped at 16 rows.  I left off one of the smallest rows.It took longer to cut out the squares than it took to sew the top together. I was able to use each fabric once, except when I was able to cut out 4 different dogs from one print. I have a Noah's Ark print that I was able to cut out many different animal from.

I wanted to make a I Spy quilt with a pattern I hadn't used before and this one was perfect. I bound it in a multi colored polka dot fabric.

Measures 48 x 64 before washing. This quilt will be given to Ronald McDonald's House.

Peppermint Sticks

This pattern is from Atkinson Designs. It is in their book "Spring Cleaning" and is called Peppermint Sticks.
The blue fabric actually has little pink flowers on it and the binding has pink stripes. It measured 52x66 before washing. This quilt is going to Sarah's Church's Ministry.  Easy quilt to put together and it uses up a lot of little bits of fabrics.

Monday, January 14, 2013

number 5

Not sure when this quilt.....

and the others will be quilted...
and sent to hurricane sandy victims.
I DO know
I feel good having made it THIS far!
5 quilt tops
using blog friends orphans and houses
are turning into some
REALLY special quilts!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Do Some Good and Maybe Win A Quilt!

Hi, all!

I've got something a little different for us today - please take a minute to read this and consider participating!

I want to invite you to join in something very special.  My friend Pam (one of our quilt ministry members) started a quilt for her father long ago - a beautiful king size quilt that she chose to hand-quilt in a Baptist Fan pattern.  Well, by the time she got close to finishing it, her father had suffered some health setbacks and is now living in a nursing home, where a king-size quilt is just too much for his needs.  Not wanting to let her work of love go to waste, she decided to use it as a fundraiser for Blood:Water Mission.  She hopes to raise enough money to allow a well to be dug in an African village!  

Pam blogs over at Learning To Be Me, and you can read more about her raffle and the quilt there.  She's offering one entry to win the quilt for every $10 donated, and I know I'm going to be entering - I've seen this quilt personally, and it's a gorgeous thing!   And she'll even pay to ship it to the winner. You can also make a donation by clicking on the donation box at the top right of my blog - but be sure to go to Pam's blog afterwards and let her know that you did! She's got instructions there for how to contact her.

It would also be wonderful if you could help spread the word - this is a great cause and a chance to win a fabulous quilt!  Win-win!!



Quilt for a Baby

This is my first finish of 2013. It is a baby quilt based on a design by Amanda Jean Nyberg in her book, "Sunday Morning Quilts." There are about a dozen or more pregnant women at my workplace, so I decided to make a quilt, and there will be a drawing and someone will win this quilt. So for now I don't yet know who it is going to.
-- carol e.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Maybellene and I Spy

Wonder why I can never come up with a catchy title?

This first quilt is for Sarah's Miistry. I found the pattern, Maybellene, here -
It uses 1 layer cake, 2 charm packs and a jelly roll - I tend to just look at the pictures in a pattern, so when I got stuck and my block didn't look like the block in the pattern I emailed Zaney Quilter and got a quick response. She told me what to do next. I should have just read the pattern.  Goes really well with my lawn and leaves.....

This next quilt is going to Ronald's House -
I had a few I Spy charms and I framed them in some solid pastel colors then used a black with multi colored dots for the sashing and the border. Turned out pretty cute.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Jungle Quilt

A Project Linus work day is scheduled next week, so I thought I would get another top off my UFO pile. It has been sandwiched and is ready to be tied by the Church group and then delivery! This top started with the jungle animal blocks given to me. They were all different sizes, I trimmed them to 6” squares and dived into my scraps for coordinating fabric.