Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Quilting For Good Linky Party #8

Hi, all!

Once again, I have to apologize for being late with Quilting For Good Tuesday - I just can't seem to remember to do this for some reason!  But thanks to a good kick in the seat of the pants, I am here with you now.  If I forget again, please don't hesitate to do a little kicking of your own - I really appreciate it sometimes!

So here's one of the charity quilts I worked on this week - - -



This is a 1600 quilt pieced from patriotic fabrics by the mother of one of our regular ministry members.  It will be going to a young Marine who has been diagnosed with cancer throughout his body.  But I also want you to see the back of this quilt....



The four blocks in the back were donated to us by Sharon of Vrooman's Quilts.  (Hi, Sharon!)  You might recognize the second one down - her fabulous eagle block! I was so excited to see that block in the box of donations she sent - and then within half an hour we got the request for a quilt for the young Marine.  I think that the eagle was definitely meant to be part of this quilt!


*(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)*

So that's just a little bit of what I've been working on this week - I'll share some of the other things with you in the coming weeks!

And now it's your turn!

Show us what you've been working on this week -

Progress shots,
Finished quilts,
Donations you've sent to others!

It's all Quilting For Good!

Hugs!

Sarah



3 comments:

  1. Oh, so happy those blocks went into this quilt! I don't have quilts for this linky - I send you gals my bits a pieces and you make them come alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eagle so fits this quilt. What a great accomplishment by a great team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful quilt to honor a brave young man. The eagle is just perfect. You guys do good work (quilts) and good works (bringing joy to others through quilts).

    ReplyDelete