Friday, February 7, 2014

Quilts for babies in Papua New Guinea.

Hi Sarah and Beth, it has been a while since I posted anything here, but there has been a lot happening Down Under with quilts for charity!  Aussie Heroes are still going strong, and received a fabulous write up in one of our Aussie patchwork magazines last year.
I have created a blog for quilts that are being made for native babies in Papua New Guinea.  A cousin by marriage (actually my husband's cousin's wife) works in third world countries with displaced people, and a year or so ago, she was telling me about the work she does with natives of PNG.  I was so touched by what she told me I offered to make some quilts for the babies, and that is how this project was born.  You can read about it on my blog Patea PNG Quilt Collective, and I would be happy for you to add it to the sidebar on this blog!

2 comments:

  1. Making the quilts for PNG quilts was just the incentive I needed to do what I love, sewing for others. I have made over 20 for them so far, Aussie Hero Quilts and laundry bags, I made over 500 bags and this year I have made 4 quilt tops so far, I am waiting on the batting to arrive to finish 2 more. Great job on spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. I've added the link. What a great opportunity to GIVE.

    ReplyDelete