Tuesday, August 6, 2013

100 Quilts for Kids



Just sharing a couple quilts I am donating to Bags of Love.  Bags of Love is a local organization here in Eugene Oregon that provides bags filled with essentials to kids who are in crisis and are being removed from their environment.  Each bag also includes a quilt for comfort.  I tried to fill these two quilts with lots of hugs.







These quilt are being donated in support of Katie's 100 Quilts for Kids quilt drive over at swim bike quilt.  You have until the end of September to participate.  Need an idea for a quilt?  String quilts work great for a quick quilt.  Plus you utilize some of those pesky scraps around your sewing room!


7 comments:

  1. wonderful quilts! you're so right about using scraps to make huggable quilts like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. If I don't find projects for my scraps, I get overran fairly quickly!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful organization!!
    Your quilts are so pretty! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I am hoping they bring big smiles to their new owners.

      Delete
  3. What wonderful things you've done with scraps. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are beautiful! I love the strings done in yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I have a couple of flimsies to finish up for this cause. I take them to TX, where I spend my winters, and finish them there, then donate them to Operation Homefront.

    ReplyDelete