Sunday, February 17, 2013

Quilts for Project Linus

I'm a little slow in the donation quilt finishes so far this year, but that said, I do have some starts.

This little quilt started as a pink challenge, but I found lots of pink and green and started with some wonky log cabins.

Last fall when my machine was being serviced, I cut some kits and this quilt came from one of those kits.  I purchased the fabric online and it just wasn't quite to my liking, but I tried making some blocks from the book Nine Patch Pizazz.  a post about it is found here

The finished quilt.

One more, some fabric I'd had since our grandson was born has been used with some others that I found in this little quilt.



Although the following quilt isn't a donation quilt, it did go to my favorite aunt.  Her husband of more than fifty years passed while I was working on this quilt and I sent it to her as a "Canopy of Heaven".


 


7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful batch of quilts, Patti! All will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the all, Patti, but the Canopy is really different. I've never seen anything like it. I hope it comforts your Auntie.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny - I have your "Canopy" quilt sitting in my UFO stack - I think it's my oldest! Someday I'll get it done... I love the other two, also!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your quilts! Such a wonderful quilt of love for your Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilts! I love the pink and green! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful quilts. Love all the movement in the quilt with the online fabric. Your aunt will be very pleased with her quilt.

    ReplyDelete