Saturday, January 5, 2013

Maybellene and I Spy

Wonder why I can never come up with a catchy title?

This first quilt is for Sarah's Miistry. I found the pattern, Maybellene, here - http://zanyquilter.blogspot.com/p/patterns-for-sale.html
It uses 1 layer cake, 2 charm packs and a jelly roll - I tend to just look at the pictures in a pattern, so when I got stuck and my block didn't look like the block in the pattern I emailed Zaney Quilter and got a quick response. She told me what to do next. I should have just read the pattern.  Goes really well with my lawn and leaves.....

This next quilt is going to Ronald's House -
I had a few I Spy charms and I framed them in some solid pastel colors then used a black with multi colored dots for the sashing and the border. Turned out pretty cute.




9 comments:

  1. Two great quilts, but really like the I-Spy, may just borrow that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, please share a picture when you make it. The black polka dot fabric really makes this quilt fun.

      Delete
  2. Love them both! They will be loved and cherished I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both lovely quilts, the black polka dot was perfect. They will give great comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts! I really like that I-Spy pattern, too - great use of color and pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both quilts are adorable. I always love I Spy quilts and I am glad to see it is going to Ronald McDonald house. I have stayed in a RMH and they are wonderful when you have a sick child. You are very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your posting on my blog site! I have chosen your suggestion and will contact Confession of a Fabric Addict and find an address and donate a box of fabric. The quilts donated are lovely and to a great cause!

    Kind regards,
    Alma Allen
    Blackbird Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilts; I love that Maybellene pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh....much more than pretty cute....
    its amazing!!
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete