Monday, January 12, 2015

Pelé’s Bandeira


Pelé’s Bandeira
January 12, 2015

I appreciate all my followers in Brazil, who make up almost half of those that follow my blog! Their support inspired me to make this quilt that I am calling Pelé’s Bandeira. For my followers that are English speakers, bandeira means flag in Portuguese. If you are familiar with the Flag of Brazil, you might notice some resemblances.

This is a bordered diamonds quilt pattern. The fabrics used for the diamonds were all donations and leftovers from my past projects. The dark blue border fabric was a remnant piece that I purchased, before I had any plans of making this particular quilt. When I began conceptualizing this design, the remnant piece was the ideal fabric for the border, as the design on the fabric is of constellations – a perfect addition to this quilt!

I donated this quilt to the County of Ventura, Children & Family Services, via the Children’s Services Auxiliary of Ventura County, in January 2015.

See the other 38 quilts I have donated to foster kids at my personal blog, Love Hugs by Pieces of the Past.

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful, striking quilt, Jean. And donated to a very worthy cause. On behalf of those children, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt and I enjoyed visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is beautiful, and I loved looking at all the gorgeous quilts you have given away. How wonderful! Thank you for your service to the community! I have a special spot in my heart for kids in foster care.

    ReplyDelete