Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Quilting For Good Linky Party #11

Hi, all!

Well, it's that time again (and it's still actually Tuesday - aren't you proud of me?)  So come along and link up blogposts or pics of your charity quilting efforts for the week...

This week, I have something a little different to show.  As you may know, I host a charity quilt challenge on my blog each spring, called Hands2Help.  This year one of the charities we were sponsoring was my church's senior high mission trip to New Orleans.  They go to St. Bernard Parish in New Orleans several times a year, working with school age children in this area which was hit very hard by Hurricane Katrina.  They are still recovering from the devastation, and just a few weeks ago, Hurricane Isaac hit this area again and flooded many families out of their homes again. We have collected nearly 70 quilts to send with the mission team to give out in this area, and here are a couple of pictures of the quilts....




I love this pic - a massive expanse of quilt-y goodness!


And here's a picture of all the quilts laid out on tables so that church members can pray over them before they go to New Orleans.


And just for fun, here's a great picture of my sewing sisters from church - they helped lay out all these quilts for the pictures on Saturday!


*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*


And now it's your turn!

Show us what you've been working on this week -

Progress shots,
Finished quilts,
Donations you've sent to others!

It's all Quilting For Good!


Hugs!

Sarah


8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of the quilts is Sooo wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are the kids going to Lousiana? I have some quilts I'd like to send to you to pass along.
    Do you have an address I can send them to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of the quilts all spread out! Amazing beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a wonderful collection of quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a wonderful representation of your quilts. Great turnout for your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that the whole congregation can pray over those quilts. It makes it such a community project. You will be blessed for your efforts. I sew for the local VA hospital and make lap quilts for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I didn't realize you were so close by in New Orleans. Great work your group is doing. Thanks!

    glen: who grew up in Metairie but was born in Arabi

    ReplyDelete